These 5 ingredient dinners will be your saving grace on busy weeknights when you don’t have time to pop out to the grocery store, or when you are cooking on a budget and need to use as few items as possible! Here are the best 5 ingredient dinners your family will love!
Bacon & Asparagus Pasta
This Bacon & Asparagus Pasta only requires 5 simple ingredients, and while it is super easy to make, it is packed full of flavour!
- ½ pack uncooked spaghetti
- 8 strips uncooked bacon, diced
- 1 cup of fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ parmesan cheese
- Cook the spaghetti in a pot of salted water until cooked al-dente.
- Add bacon to a sauté pan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook until crispy. Remove bacon from pan and set aside.
- Place the asparagus into the pan and sauté for around 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until cooked. Remove asparagus and set aside.
- Slowly add white wine to the pan and deglaze the pan by scraping the bottom. Cook for 5 minutes until the wine has reduced by half.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the asparagus, bacon, and parmesan cheese. Toss until combined.
- Serve immediately and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese.
- If the pasta seems dry, add in some pasta water.
This Caprese Chicken also only requires 5 ingredients to make, and it is both healthy and kid-friendly!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ balsamic syrup or balsamic glaze
- 3 tbsp basil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound them until thin.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chicken breast and place into the skillet. Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side.
- When chicken is cooked, drizzle with balsamic syrup and top with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Put the lid on the skillet, turn off the heat and let the cheese melt.
- Top with basil and serve!
Easy Coconut Curry
The Easy Coconut Curry is creamy, spicy, delicious, and only requires 5 ingredients!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 head of broccoli*
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch mixed in with 2 tbsp cold water
*You can add in other veggies to the curry if you have in the fridge, as well as some ginger or garlic if you want an extra kick.
- Chop the broccoli and sauté on a medium-heat skillet. After a couple of minutes, add in the coconut milk and allow it to simmer for 8 minutes. The broccoli should be slightly tender, but still crisp.
- Add in the curry paste to the pan and whisk it all together until it is combined.
- Pour in the can of chickpeas and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cornstarch and leave to boil for another minute, reducing the heat slightly.
- The curry will thicken as it cools.
- Serve over rice or with roti.
These 5 ingredient dinners your family will love will soon become your favorite meals to make during the week!