Lunchtime meals need to be quick and easy to prepare, but still hearty and delicious! For the next family lunch meal, you should try making this crustless cheesy quiche with sausage, bacon, and ham.
You can add in any other vegetables or meat that you would like, or leave out any of the sausage, bacon, or ham. Make it to suit your and your family’s taste!
This meat lover’s dream is such an easy recipe to follow, with ingredients that you should already have waiting to be used. Without needing to make a crust, the quiche will be ready in under an hour.
- 2 tbsp breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 thick Italian sausages
- 100g diced bacon
- 100g sliced ham chopped
- 1 red capsicum sliced thin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° Coat a 22cm pie plate with oil. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs onto the pie plate.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan placed over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages for 6-8 minutes, turning to cook all sides. Cook until golden and cooked through fully.
- Move the sausages to one side of the pan and add the bacon and capsicum to the other side. Cook the bacon and capsicum for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and slice them into thick pieces. Place the sausage slices, bacon, capsicum, and ham over the base of the pie dish and bread crumbs.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, and mustard together, and season to taste.
- Pour this mixture over the sausage, bacon, and ham. Scatter the top with the grated cheese.
- Place the pie dish in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until it turns firm and golden.
- Once removed from the oven, sprinkle the parsley over the top.
- Slice the quiche into wedges and serve straight away.
What To Serve With The Quiche
The crustless quiche will go so well served with a side mixed salad. Here is a simple recipe for a mixed salad to serve with the quiche.
- Mixed leaf salad
- Sliced cucumber
- Sliced tomato
- Cubed feta
- Sliced olives
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Spiced beetroot
- Lay the mixed leaf salad in a large bowl.
- Layer the sliced cucumber, sliced tomato, cubed feta, sliced olives, roasted pumpkin seeds, and spiced beetroot on top of the leaves.
You can make a quick vinaigrette using one part vinegar and three parts of olive oil. You could add in spices, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste as well.
Serve the side salad next to the crustless cheesy quiche with sausage, bacon, and ham and drizzle it with some of your homemade vinaigrette for a delicious and hearty lunch. You could keep some leftovers for lunch the next day as well!