Many mums swear by lactation cookies, that they have helped to increase their milk supply and maintain it. Lactation cookies contain different ingredients that help to stimulate milk production, and the best part is that they are pretty delicious!
Here is the best lactation cookie recipe for you to try, to help increase your milk supply, and to give you a little treat during the day.
Lactation Cookies Recipe
You can adjust the recipe and ingredients a bit to suit your tastes!
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or 1 cup white flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp brewer’s yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 ½ tbsp whole flaxseed (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil and sugar until soft.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla, mix well.
- Combine the flaxseed and water in a small bowl and add it to the large mixing bowl.
- Add in the flour, brewer’s yeast, cinnamon, and salt and mix together in the large mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, mix in the oats, whole flaxseed, and raisins.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Scoop out the batter into small balls and place onto the parchment paper.
- Flatten the cookies slightly using a fork or spoon.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Can My Family Eat Lactation Cookies?
Your whole family can enjoy your freshly baked tray of lactation cookies! The ingredients are safe for anyone to eat, and no, they won’t start producing milk after stealing a cookie off the tray.
This is the best lactation cookies recipe for the whole family to snack on. They are a healthy treat for your family to enjoy, although you can definitely keep the whole batch to yourself mum, you deserve it!
Are These Lactation Cookies Healthy?
Yes, these lactation cookies contain oatmeal, raisins, and other healthy ingredients. The flaxseed included also has milk-producing benefits, and the coconut oil replaces butter, while still having many benefits as well.
How Many Lactation Cookies Can I Eat A Day?
How many lactation cookies you eat a day will depend on your body and your milk supply. Try to eat around 2-3 cookies a day. This should be enough for you to notice a boost in your milk supply.
However, if you are battling to boost your milk supply, you might have to try other natural methods of increasing production. You could also take herbal supplements such as blessed thistle and fenugreek.
How Long Does It Take For Lactation Cookies To Start Working?
How long it takes the lactation cookies to start working will differ for each mum, but you should probably see results within 1-2 days. Some mums notice an immediate increase in supply, so just keep at it and use other natural ways to increase your milk supply, you’ll get there!